Welcome to St Basil’s
St Basil’s WA is a recognised public benevolent association, operating under the auspices of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia. The organisation commenced services in 1997 and is constituted under the WA Associations Incorporation Act 1987. St Basil’s WA is a provider of culturally specific, individualised, consumer directed care in Western Australia. St Basil’s WA provides a range of services within the metropolitan area of Perth for people who are frail and aged. As an approved provider of flexible aged care, St Basil’s WA provides a range of Home Care Packages at Level 2 and 4. (Previously termed CACP, EACH and EACH-D). St Basil’s WA has the expertise to support families who have an older family member with dementia. Our goal is to help older people to live at home with dignity. St Basil’s WA also provides:
- A help-line for people with dementia and their carers.
- Carer support groups.
- Day activity programs.
- The Plateia Program – a meeting place for people looking for information and just starting to need assistance to stay at home independently.
- Information and support for people residing in Denmark, Mt Barker, Bunbury, Prevelly and Albany seeking information on aged care services.
- Volunteer Visiting Program – a visitor for older people who are socially isolated in residential care or at home. This program is provided in Perth, Albany, Denmark, Mt Barker and Bunbury.
Traditionally, St Basil’s WA has provided services to the Greek speaking communities. More recently, St Basil’s WA has extended these services to Romanian, Russian, Egyptian and Serbian speaking people. St Basil’s WA aim is to provide the best possible quality aged care service through culturally appropriate support that enhances the privacy, dignity, independence and quality of life of all people in its care. In doing so, St Basil’s WA recognises the value of bilingual and bicultural knowledge, skills and understanding.
ACKNOWLEDGMENTS St Basil’s WA would like to acknowledge the continuing support of:
- The Australian Government Department of Social Services